Thursday, September 12, 2013

Esther and Jezebel

Now that I have two colonies because of catching the swarm, I identify the colonies based on the names I have given the queens: Esther (queen of the swarm group) and Jezebel. I got to see both queens one amazing day. Here is a not-the-best-quality picture. This one is Esther. She is beautiful with her honey colored body and black stripes and I can tell is a strong queen. The other queen I have named Jezebel. Jezebel is all golden (no black stripes). Although she has the "original" colony, I don't have the same affinity for her as I do Esther. But I am open to her amazing me as well. I cheerlead both of them for I know they have the winter in front of them that will be difficult and mean life and death for all. Bee keeping is anxiety as well as spirituality and love for the humblest of creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment